4.15.2008

>_O

Chemistry is a math-intensive class. But the math is algebra. For someone who's been taking PreCal for the past semester, the stuff we're given in Chemistry is baffling. I'm serious! My brain is in PreCal mode, so the algebra is haaard. -headdesk- Really it's simple Algebra I (PreAlgebra even) but when I try to do it my brain has a horrifying pile-up 'cos it's trying to look at it as PreCal. >_< I'm having to remind myself that it's algebra, not hellspawn.

By the way, trying to find the cosine of the C angle on an oblique triangle is a bitch. A and B are easy enough, but since C is technically cos(x+y) you hafta use the cosxcosy-sinxsiny which gives you something really freaky that I can't bring to mind at the moment. It doesn't reduce easily like the sines do. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, don't bother. It's something we're doing in PreCal. Laws of Sines and Cosines and verifying them, whoo hoo! -sarasm-

So yeah. My rant for the day. -wanders off to finish my PreCal homework-

4 comments:

Rosenkreuz said...

LOL Yea..just finished that myself...you think this is fun wait tilltommorrow when we start Vectors...WHEEEEEEEE...not

Blaze said...

One good thing about vectors that I can see is that I might actually understand how to program in stuff dealing with 3D models using C++... Not that anyone else would really understand and/or care, but I really think its useful. But who am I? Just a crazy guy trying to learn to program and failing at it... epically.

Oh, and the cosines aren't all -that- hard. Its difficult, I'll give ya that, but its simple when it clicks for you. Maybe I'm gifted at it or something, who knows. 'Twould be a first for that class, haha.

Desert said...

Yeah, I was just thrown off 'cos it's not as pretty as the sine one.

-twitch- I can tell that vectors are gonna be annoying as hell.

KDC said...

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT

>_>
<_<

*remembers that she is graduating college*

*fails*

*facedesk*