4.17.2008

Cambrige Pikchers!

Uploading photos for the mandala project, I stumbled on the pictures I took in Cambrige. There aren't many, but one or three in particular make me giggle. These ones I'ma post are from the trip to Ely Cathedral. For some reason almost all the pictures I took were fuzzy, but these two are pretty good.

The first one is from a bathroom since the person I was hanging around with needed to go, and the second one is from us wandering aimlessly in the drizzle. Then there's the picture of Ely Cathedral's octagonal spire, which was absurdly high. In the picture you can't really tell, but near the top are twenty-four huge wooden panels painted with angels, and they open out so people in the tower can look into the church. Some of us happened to glance up as someone was looking down, and it made me realize how BLOODY HIGH that tower was. X_x











The first one had me laughing hysterically for like five minutes. I wanted to steal it and bring it home.

3 comments:

Blaze said...

A picture of a bathroom? That's random, haha. And that cathedral spire looks like its tall, even though its at an awkward angle to see it clearly. Those are cool pictures though. Wish I got to go cool places and see cool sights like you. Now I'm jealous-er...

Rosenkreuz said...

Bathroom of the year....lmao thats too funny. and im loving the architecture of that cathedral...very appealing to my tastes :P

Desert said...

No, but the Loo of the Year poster on the wall had me fascinated. The person I was wandering around with was wondering what the hell I was laughing at until she came out to look, and then both of us were giggling hysterically for like five minutes.

The cathedral was awesome, actually. The lady chapel has a six-second echo. O.O Some musician I forget his name ises the Ely cathedral lady chapel to record his songs. That's just all kinds of cool.
And there were headless figures all over the lady chapel. X.x During the Reformation they literally trashed the cathedral, hacking off all the heads of the figures.

And then there was Ninja Mary. They had this realistic statue of the Virgin Mary, but the way the statue was posed she had her arms raised up like "I shall curse you!" One of the people in my group pointed and said, "Ninja Mary!" and we all cracked up. XD