11.05.2006

Ren Fest!

Whoot, today was the Ren Fest trip! Iwas fun, we went with a long-time friend of mine Kelsey and Jocelyn, her Mom. We got there around half-past ten and left at about five-ish. We meandered our way around the sprawling complex, enjoying ourselves emmensely and blowing cash. I got a cool cap and a few feathers to stick in it once I figured out how, and a pretty rose. I also managed to wheedle my dear, sweet mother into buying me a wooden scimitar-type sword. That was probably the worst mistake she's made this week. The main attraction of the day was the jousting. It was a three-part plot that entailed some fake blood, lots of crashing and banging, and an annoyingly arrogant French character. It started out as a simple tournament to declare a chamion among champions, which was tied at the first show, and ended in a challenge for a duel to the death at the second, ending predictably with the hometown champ winning out in the third show. I finally fixed my cap so the feathers will stay in, though I've had a dull headache since halfway through the ride home.

No comments: