11.16.2006

Fe.

Sorry I haven't been on, not really much happened. A recap of the time since I last posted and now is: I hate Macs, and storms are frustrating. Not much new, eh?

The Mac story. I typed a paper for Algebra II on the Mac. I made the necesarry adjustments, and decided to print it out on the new scanner-printer-copier we got a while back. Well, Mom and I tinkered around, and found out that we needed the driver disk in order to use the new printer with the Mac, so Mom dug it out and put it in. Guess what? The whatchamacallit on the Mac is too old, so the new printer can't talk to the Mac. I'll remember what the whatchamacallit is eventually. We'd tried to save the document to Mom's jumpdrive and transfer it to her laptop, but that didn't work because Macs are too different from whatever the laptop is. So, we called Dad, the local computer guru. After a lot of frustrated growling and under-the-breath profanity, we managed to burn the document onto a disk so that the laptop could read it, and I got it printed.

Storms. Last night we recieved an official tornado watch, at about 8:30 I think. Supposedly a tornado-strength storm was heading our way. Mom and I went about our buisness as per usual, content with the fact that this house survived Hugo, so we felt safe. At about 11 or so, the storm hit. It was mainly wind, and I know we just got brushed with the tip 'cause when I saw lightning flash, it took a while for the thunder to reach us. I surely hope Radar was all right outside... I'll explain that in a sec. It turns out that Kate's flight was delayed because of that storm system as it moved north, so her flight will come in at about 9 am tomorrow, which means Mom and I won't be able to get her. I'm considering seeing if Ms. Davis will forgive me for missing the game so we can have a family dinner tomorrow night.

Okay, so Radar, our youngest cat and the most recent addition to our zoo, got out sometime between Saturday and Sunday of the week before last. Poor little bugger's been outside ever since, I got a little worried when the wind was howling last night. Anyhow, we know he's outside, or we did. I hope he stuck around. We're waiting on Kate to get back, and when she starts work back up at Claws and Paws, if she does, we'll see of the inn will lend us a cat trpa so we can snag the little booger. Radar is ferel, and will be for the rest of his life, so it's impossible to catch him in the open, poor thing.

No comments: