11.05.2008

OH EM EFF GEE -falls over-

y'know what the election(s) remind me of?

i think only Kate would know what i'm talking about, but if anyone besides her has read the Mode series by Piers Anthony (i think that's his name), you'd know what i'm getting at.

the book i'm thinking about is Fractal Mode, i forget which number in the series it was. Anyway, the struggle was between the Despots which were patriarchal, and the despots came into power for every inhabited planet in that mode by a certain male going to the "first of the first" node and pushing it. the Amazons were matriarchal, and they came into power one planet at a time by a certain female going to the "ninth of the ninth" node and pushing it. the Despots had been in power on the planet on which our bunch had fallen for time out of mind, and thy had to help the chosen woman to break their reign so they could leave. that's a basic summary of the plot for you peeps who haven't read it.

Kate, maybe you've already seen where my epiphany came from. but the story about how the dude in the story brought the Despots into power for all the planets reminds me VERY strongly of this election: Obama was elected and it seems like almost every seat in the legislature that people are running for is being won by Democrats. can anyone else see the similarities? i just now did, and i almost choked on my bagel-bite.

that's all for now, i just had to get that out of my system.

and Kate, that's a very shmexy tattoo. -nodnod- everyone who reads this blog who hasn't seen her tat, go look.

1 comment:

KDC said...

The parallel between Fractal Mode and this election does make sense now that I think about it. On the face of things it certainly does seem that way.

Speaking of the Mode series, I just checked out the fourth book from the library and HOLY SEXUAL TENSION BATMAN. I had forgotten how raunchy it was. I've grown up since I've read it and now that I read it again I laugh instead of sitting there blushing the entire time, because even though because of the sex it can't be a young adult book, he certainly writes for the 12-18 audience.

Anyway.

WOOOO OBAMA!