11.21.2008

Wishing on a neon star

i... can die happy now. i have witnessed the inhuman awesomeness that is a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert.
oh my GAWD!

there aren't words to describe how mind-blowingly, orgasmically amazing that was. suffice it to say, i wouldn't have missed it if immediately after the show was over i would be skinned alive and dimmed in hydrochloric acid in retribution for attending.

a basic rundown of the show in Mike's words: "the first half was 'Oh Holy Night', the second part was 'oh holy shit!'"
they did traditional Christmas tunes (my favorites were Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, Joy to the World and Carol of the Bells) and remixed them in kick-ass rock/metal style with their own embellishments thrown in here and there.
then the second part featured classical music (like Marriage of Figaro and Beethoven's 5th) that they remixed TSO style -- and i swear, Mozart and Beethoven were way before their time, 'cuz their compositions make perfect rock music -- with more of their own stuff.

the lights strobed me out a few times, and from out seats we could feel the blasts of heat from the pyrotechnics, and my ears were still ringing by the time we got home from the loudness of the speakers.
but it was so utterly worth it.

and i'll stop gloating now, or try to at least. it might take a while for me to recover full hearing.

3 comments:

KDC said...

I.
Hate.
You.
SO MUCH.

...actually I love you. And I am totally psyched that you got to see TSO. Do you have any of their CDs? I have "Beethoven's Last Night" and I HIGHLY recommend it.

Licensed Poet said...

I so envy you right now. That's so freaking awesome.

Desert said...

no, i doesn't has one of those CDs. there's an idea for exmas. =o

yes, i kinda envy myself. it was hard not to brag at school. 'specially since i got a shmexy t-shirt that i'll wear as frequently as i possibly can until people get tired of seeing it.