9.21.2008

-sniffle-

by thinutheth are nod habby wiff be. dey're infecteded. i've been thneezing an' thiff'ling an' thuch for de patht tree dayth. an' typing thith phoedetic'lly ith hard. if you need a translation: my sinuses are not happy with me. they're infecteded. i've been sneezing and sniffling and such for the past three days. and typing this phoenetically is hard.

anyway, latest news: Carrousel? me? what?! -facedesk- i know Seester will be beside herself and Mum is excited, but i'm not. it's not technically supposed to be a beauty pageant, but it's close enough that i'm not too sure if i want to do it. nice how they don't give you a choice, isn't it? >_>
'sides, everyone at Huss knows that Kara will walk away with it, that's a given.

and today, when we were hiking on Crowders, the weirdest thing happened. on the way back down from the peak on the ultra-steep Backside trail, we came across this very skinny, very young squirrel. it was hanging out eight feet or so up the trunk of a tree, and was unnaturally calm around the people (and dogs). it even came down from its perch, low enough that if i wanted to i could've reached out and plucked it from the bark! it even came down to the ground, and followed us! the squirrel frekkin' followed us! it was like a Steven King novel!! it kept following after us for a good few hundred feet, completely ignoring the nuts we tossed down for it. i couldn't tell if it was just craving another living thing's company or if it had rabies or something. it was kinda creepy...

4 comments:

KDC said...

As far as the Carrousel thing goes, it's a really high honor. I know there's an aspect of the pageant to it, but really what matters is that you're chosen because you're in the top 2 or 5 percent of your class; I forget which. When I went into it, I knew that Kathryn Serra would walk away with it; her family bribed the judges. This is public knowledge. But I didn't go into it wanting to win. I did it because 1) I knew it would help my college resume (A LOT), 2) I got to hang out with my friends, who were all also smart, and 3) I got to show the preps how awesome I really could be. And I was awesome.

But you do what you want. I hate when people preach at me, 'specially Mom, but some of her preaching has gotten me into good places. This is one of those times. *nod*

KDC said...

...and that business with the squirrel... yeah, that was me. I trained him to be my familiar so he could spy on you. I tried to tell him to get you to go to the carrousel thing, but all he did was unnerve you. But at least he got a good meal out of it later.

Licensed Poet said...

I caught what you got. Dis totally sucks. I doh't like duh sdiffles, coughs ahd headachidess.

I blame society.

Blaze said...

I must say I agree with your sister: you should have done the Carrousel. But, its really up to you, and since you've already decided to put an abrupt halt to your involvement with said activity, then all nagging, preaching, and otherwise trying to convince you to do it are all moot. 'Nuff said. Though I must say, I'd really like to see you in a dress... What you wore to Prom wasn't -technically- a dress. I think you'd be stunning, but I guess I am slightly biased, eh?