11.14.2007

This is ridiculous...

It's nice to feel safe in school and all, but this is getting ridiculous.

I understand the random search in the morning and limiting in-and-out access to the
main entrance during the day, and a few extra police, but that's where I draw the line.

Not searching EVERYONE who walks in.
Or saying you can't bring your bookbag/books to lunch (OR a girl's handbag...)
Or setting up a metal detector at the cafeteria entrance and making everyone file in one-by-one, through ONE door.


Tomorrow they'll want us to take off shoes and belts, I bet...

4 comments:

Blaze said...

It is veeeeery ridiculous. I mean, sure someone called in about there going to be a shooting during lunch, but it is getting way out of hand. I hate how they make us leave our books in the classroom, what if (not like I ever do this) someone has to do their homework during lunch? "Those who would give up a few rights to protect their lives don't deserve to have any rights at all." Although I didn't get that quote right, I did get the jist of it.

I personally think Nobby was right that we'll get stripped naked. But let's hope it doesn't get that far (although their track record is pointing in that direction...)

Desert said...

I know, really.

Methinks that was pretty close to the quote, actually.

-sigh-

Blaze said...

And I wrote that comment extremely similar to something you might see on Nobby's blog o_O Sorry about that...

Desert said...

-shrug- Oh well.