2.18.2009

=D

-does a victory dance- no more braces! no more brackets! WHEE~!

i FINALLY had those eight brackets taken off my lower front teeth today! squee! but to keep my teeth in place, they cemented a little chain-looking wire thing to the backs of those eight teeth. it feels so weird! my tongue won't leave it alone! it's this little smooth bulge behind the teeth, i keep thinking i have something stuck to them until i remember it won't come off. maybe my tongue's distraction with the permanent retainer is what's keeping it from spazzing too much about the lack of brackets. either way, i'm gonna be messing with it for a few days until my mouf gets a grip.

i got out about fifteen minuted into 2nd period, which was good. 2nd is art, and Cronin wasn't here today, so were watching a movie. the same movie most of us have seen at least once, probably two or three times for some of the art III/IV folks. the whole kit 'n' caboodle took around forty-five minutes, so i got out of there around 11:15, 11:20.

now, my 3rd period is on C-hall, which means i have first lunch. first lunch starts as soon as you get out of 2nd and goes for about half an hour -- it's scheduled to end around 11:50. so i realized i could get food! mostly real fast-food and not the questionable school food! gasp! so we stopped by Mickey D's and i got fries and a soda. om nom nom.

the only problem was, right when we pulled up and i opened the car door, i heard the bell for 2nd lunch. BAH. still, i wasn't about to toss out my fries and Coke; even though i don't particularly remember Mrs. Chaney objecting too strenuously to a few of the people nibbling in class, i still think it's pretty rude to be chomping away while the teacher's trying to teach. i was already gonna be a bit late anyway, waiting for the ijjit in front of me at the control room to shut up, so while i stood around to check back in, i figured, "ah, screw it." so once i was officially back in school, i took my noms into the cafeteria. one of my chums Amanda has 2nd lunch, i found out just today, so i sat with her for ten or so minutes while i munched on my fries.

the awesome thing about my 3rd period: it's a Huskins class. the teacher, therefore, often has a more lenient policy about attendence and such than a normal high school teacher. Mrs. Chaney told us the first day or two of the semester that she quote: "didn't care why we're late or absent," unquote. because of that, i wasn't unduly bothered coming into class fifteen minutes late. i'd remembered that we had a quiz today first thing, but i also knew that her quizzes were fairly easy and it wouldn't take me any time at all to finish. i was right -- even though i showed up late, i wasn't even the last person to turn a quiz in. (the teacher usually gives us a few minutes for last-minute studying before giving us quizzes) so it was all good.

that's pretty much all my news for now. this cough is slowly but surely fading, which is good. i got Miranda to take my shift last week so i didn't have to tromp around at the barn with this chest cold thing, and this week we're trading shifts since i'm feeling better and she has a sports-related thing that takes up Saturday afternoons. so yeah, i think that's it. peace.

1 comment:

Blaze said...

You are very lucky to actually get your braces off. I still have to wait 'till April 23, but at least I finally have a date to look forward to! If your tongue needs something to do to keep it off the chain thingy, I could think of a few things... >.>

Dirty minded individual! Not like that!

So, you get a chain and have to go to Chaney's class? Seeing the bad joke just on the tip of my tongue? I'll spare you it though, haha.

And as soon as that cough goes away, we are doing a Valentine's date! You skipped out of it on the real day 'cuz you were sick, but you'll get better eventually...