8.07.2008

oh my God IT'S STILL ALIVE!

aaaah okay, forgive me, but I just hafta get this out. if you have an aversion to descriptions of violence and such, don't read much past the next paragraph. i won't post the link to the video 'cos it's just too disturbing. i couldn't finish watching it.

someone sent me one of those chain-letter-esque messages, stop the fur trade. it was accompanied by a video of a fur farm, somewhere I'm guessing like Russia. they're skinning foxes.

ALIVE. the foxes are still a-fucking-live (excuse the profanity but it's warranted this time). I see one moving and struggling as they pull the hide off. and they leave it alive, too. in the video one of the skinned foxes is in what looks like the bed of a truck, LOOKING AROUND. it's alive and looking around, but it has no skin.

y'know how people say they don't wanna watch but they can't look away? I had one of those moments with the skinless fox. after that I just couldn't watch anymore, I had to stop.

my inner self was curled up in the corner puking and shivering and sobbing. my outer self was about to puke. i'm still very disturbed. i'll have the image of the skinless fox burned into my mind's eye now.

i'm going to go do something else now. if someone of my readers has an affection for fox fur, i suggest you reassess your wardrobe. or at least be sure it's faux fur.

all my eloquence is gone now, since my Muse has joined my inner self in the corner. I don't blame either of them. anyway, I'll stop rambling. peace out.

2 comments:

KDC said...

I had a similar experience...suffice it to say that I was seriously *this* close to becoming a vegetarian.

People do some godawful things to animals, but organizations like PETA, which is probably where that footage originated, really don't make things that much better. They're just too militant. But yeah. Ugh.

Blaze said...

That's disturbing, to say the least. One would think they'd have the decency to at least kill the fox first so it doesn't go through the pain... I wonder sometimes what people think when they do the things they do? Doesn't really matter why, though, if its something that's just wrong like this. Anyway, there's not much to be said on that that hasn't been said a million or two times before.