6.10.2008

Cockroach!

Woah.

Okay, so these past coupla days I've been cleaning the wormhole that is my room, right? ((Some of the dust bunnies are as big as Radar - it's scary. O_O))
Well, today I found the notebook that I used as my journal for the Australia/New Zealand PTP trip. And reading through it, it reminded me if this one really interesting incident that happened on the fourth day.

We were at the Couran Cove resort somewhere off the eastern Sunshine coast of Australia, right? It was our second day on the resort, and we were about to go to bed. At that moment we were watching a rugby game.

Well, I was very tired. I just wanted to go to sleep. So I tucked my knees into my UNC hoody and pulled the hood up and started to doze off. And for some reason, to this day I have no idea why - maybe it was a sudden chemical imbalance in my inner ear or something - I fell off my chair. I just started leaning to one side and then bump, I was on the floor.

I dunno what, but I cracked my head rather hard on something on the way down. I was on the last chair in the row my posse had set up, but it was far enough from the wall, so I really have no earthly clue what I hit my head on. But it hurt like hell.

Because I had my knees tucked rather securely into my hoody they didn't come out when I fell, and I landed more or less on my back. One can almost picture what I looked like. My friend Stevie astutely compared me to a roach.
More like she burst into hysterics and repeated over and over the word "cockroach!" through her giggles.

At that point I was very dazed, too much so to wonder if I had concussed myself, which I don't think I did. But I sat there on my back curled into a fetal position for a little while until I figured out WHAT the hell just happened, and got back on my chair trying to ignore Stevie's hysteric giggling.

Needless to say, I had a headache for quite a while that night. And Stevie went on at length about how much like a roach I looked. I accepted the comparison gracefully, since if I hadn't just cracked my head it was very likely I would've been laughing my head off too.

So yup. There's my story from Australia. One of my many moments of spaz.

2 comments:

KDC said...

Dude, if I had been there, I would have so been laughing my everloving head off. Way to go, baby sister. *nod*

Desert said...

Stevie was doing that quite well on her own, actually. I was too dazed or I'd have been on the verge of pissing my pants, I think. XD In retrospect it was a rather amusing incident.