2.20.2007

He is not a shitter.

Lukie is not a shitter, the way Kate says it. He isn't annoying. He's a rat terrier mix, probably with scottie because of his wiry fur. Terriers, in my opinion, are not shitters.

Anyhow, poor Loogie hasn't been feeling well. We'll get to the nickname later. Around Thursday of last week, he got a bad cough, like there was drainage in his throat. By Friday, he had a nasty flu-like head cold. It included bouts of a bad fever, where his head would heat up and he'd start shivering. All I could think to do was to wrap him up in my jacket and snuggle until he warmed up and stopped shivering. Poor guy. Normally he's a normal, energetic terrier, really attention hungry since his previous owner barely gave him any. But after Friday he was so sick, Dad says he didn't even react when he put the leash on. At the vet's, they said he had pneumonia, so he stayed overnight. He also has this icky intestinal parasite, which I blame for his lack of appetite. He was kept 'til about five-thirty today, then we took him home. He seemed a lot better; he had a lot of his energy back.

Yeah, about his name. The original name was Koolie, but that was a dorky name so we changed it to Lukie. When Dad told me the name I made a comment that it sounded like 'loogie', and unfortunately it stuck with him. Poor pup.


But I swear, that dog has the most unique head I've ever seen. He has those white mutton-chop cheeks and that one floppy ear, and even though you can't see it in the photos Kate posted on her blog, he had a nose-hawk. It's like a ridge of upright hair along the center of his muzzle, like a mohawk for his nose. XP It's so funny. 'Scuse me if I misspelled mohawk. I really don't care.

3 comments:

KDC said...

he's a shitter.

KDC said...

actually you spelled mohawk correctly--- and he's still a shitter. terriers are shitters.

Desert said...

When he's taken by fits of high-energy, he is a shitter. But when he's calm he's not really a shitter. Let's call him a demi-shitter.