2.23.2007

-hack-

Urgh. My throat feels like it's coated with sandpaper, and I have a headache developing. I dunno what, but something's been going around Huss this week, and I've gotten it. -hack- Hard candy works the same as lozenges, so says my Spanish teacher. Guess what? She was right. So I had a baggy of peppermints that I'd eat through the day to soothe my scratchy throat.

Speaking of school, I had a spazzy special moment today in 3rd period. (3rd is band) Well, today was the day for All-County, hosted this year by none other than Hunter Huss High. So those of us not is All-County were stuck in the big gym. >_<
The bell for 3rd lunch was due to ring, so everyone gravitated toward the door nearest the path to the cafeteria. I was running that way because I was hyper, and for some unknown reason I overbalanced and fell forward. Don't ask me why; I have no earthly or otherwise clue. But yeah, I fell forward binder, book, and pencil pouch in hand. When I hi the ground I was more or less parallel to it, so I ended up sliding a good foot or two before coming to a stop. By then most of the stuff in my hands was scattered around; luckily my Biology binder was (gasp) relatively organized. Of course because I'm special I had to start cracking up. Everyone else who had been facing in my general direction burst into laughter as well. I managed to get up and keep walking, though my left hip, knee, and shoulder were sore for a while. Pardon the funky verb tenses, if I misuse some of them.

So anyhow, that reminded me of another time I made ungraceful contact with the ground beneath me. It was during marching season, after a practice. I was in the front of the semi-mad dash for the band room, and I tripped over a rouge tail in my very ripped jeans and went tumbling to the ground. Here's the funny part: I hit the ground, roll over, get my knees under me, get up, and keep running without missing a stride. I was about to pee in my pants I was laughing so hard. It was one of my very ultra-special moments that make my life so much more interesting. So yeah, when in band I am special. Don't let me run in band. I will fall over and make myself look like an idiot. Not that I don't most other times. Oh well. I like my specialness. Ph34r m3h. =K

Kate made me delete the Green Golfball Joke from the blog because apparently it's a sin to write it, and it should be told orally. So, I deleted it. It wasn't very good anyway, so no love was lost.

Peace owt ch'all.

No comments: